Are you looking for a great free book marketing service?
If so, you’re in the right place.
At TCK Publishing, we know a lot about book marketing and promotion. With 200+ #1 bestsellers on Amazon and millions of books sold worldwide, we’re experienced in marketing and promoting books in all major genres and markets.
Book Marketing Services
Much of the marketing we do for clients is customized depending on the market for the book and the opportunities available to the author. There are definitely some similarities between marketing a romance novel, a short story collection, and a nonfiction business book, but there are some major differences as well.
Because we have experience publishing hundreds of books in so many different markets, you can rest assured knowing that we’ve “been there and done that” when it comes to promoting a book in any major market or genre. (You can see a list of all the different kinds of books we publish on our submissions guidelines page).
Here’s How We Can Promote Your Book—Free
Here are some of the most common free book marketing services we provide for clients:
Packaging and Branding
- We help you create the best possible title for your book. A great book title is Memorable, Repeatable and Searchable. It’s the first place a reader will encounter your brand, so it’s important to create a title that readers can easily remember and recognize, using it to find your book online and offline.
- We design a custom book cover that catches the eye both online and in print – readers really do judge a book by its cover! A great cover draws attention to and makes your book stand out from the crowd. We don’t just choose the design for you like some big publishers – you’ll have input and choices every step of the way, as our professional book cover designers send you several mockup designs to choose from.
- We help you craft an engaging, dynamic book description to show readers what your book is about and why they should buy it right now!
- We help you get social proof of how great your book is and attract more readers by reaching out to respected book reviewers. We create a list of at least 1,000 book reviewers who focus on books similar to yours and then provide outreach to help you connect with those reviewers. You’ll get legitimate, honest, and ethical book reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and blogs from influencers and top reviewers in your niche.
- We help you learn where to best connect with readers and how to target your books and outreach efforts with thorough market research and competitive analysis for your book and niche (you can learn more about some of the market research tools developed by TCK Publishing CEO Tom Corson-Knowles at BestsellerRankingPro.com).
- We get your books in front of thousands of eager, engaged readers at the major book promotion sites, including the two largest ebook promotion sites in the world: BookBub and Buck Books, as well as other book promotion sites.
- We promote your book on our social media channels with more than 50,000 followers.
- We promote your book to our email list of more than 35,000 active readers.
- We promote your book to key influencers in your market or genre, including professional and amateur book reviewers, bloggers, podcasters, social media influencers, and more.
- We connect you with influencers in your market, authors with similar platforms, and other potential partners through author newsletter swaps and joint venture (JV) partnerships that can help promote your book via email marketing and other avenues.
- We create, pay for, and optimize ongoing PPC (Pay-Per-Click) ad campaigns with Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) book ads and BookBub ads targeting your ideal readers and customers.
- We help your book hit #1 on various bestseller lists and categories on Amazon, then take screenshots to show how you’ve topped the charts (see examples here).
- We submit your book to top industry trade reviewers like Kirkus Reviews, Midwest Book Review, Publisher’s Weekly, City Book Review, Library Journal, Booklist, and more. These opportunities are only available to traditionally published authors and can significantly boost your reviews, sales, and branding.
- We pay for email promotions (sometimes called email solos) to promote your book to your ideal readers in your market or genre.
- We do detailed keyword research and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to help your book stand out in search results on Amazon, Google, and other search engines and platforms.
Lifelong Marketing Services and Training for Clients
- We help you build your own author platform that you control and can leverage! If you don’t have a website yet, we can teach you how to build a website or we can build one for you. We will also provide ongoing training and support to ensure you know how to manage and grow your website n your own, instead of relying on expensive web designers.
- We’ll help you get started with your email marketing, either building it for you or teaching you how to build it yourself. We will also provide ongoing coaching and support to ensure your email marketing systems, email copy, and landing pages convert more of your readers into subscribers and lifelong fans.
- We’ll help you maximize your marketing or advertising efforts, building your platform and email list. In addition to the marketing we do for your book, we can teach you how to set up your own marketing or advertising system if you wish to invest on your own to grow your brand. (To clarify, we do NOT charge any fees or sell marketing services—we teach you how to get the most out of your advertising budget if you decide to spend money on advertising. We simply want to ensure that any money you choose to invest in a marketing program like Facebook Ads is spent wisely.)
- We help connect you with journalists writing articles about your area of expertise, getting you additional publicity and establishing you as an influencer in your field.
- We offer personalized coaching to help you make the most of every part of your career, from writing to marketing and beyond.
- For authors looking for a little extra help staying on track, we can provide accountability coaching, followup, and support to help reach your career goals.
Custom Marketing Plans
These are only our basic marketing services, offered to every client we work with.
What really sets TCK Publishing apart is that we take the time to get to know you and your needs, desires, and dislikes as an author and entrepreneur!
Not every marketing plan is right for every person. That’s why we help you create a custom marketing plan tailored to your unique strengths, skills, and weaknesses.
We will help you identify your ideal readers and target market, find the best marketing channels to reach them given your personal strengths and skills, and provide you with detailed action plans and support every step of the way.
1. Market Research
The first step in our custom marketing plans is doing thorough market research for your book.
2. Identify Your Strengths and Weaknesses
Once you understand exactly who your target readers are, what they want, and where they spend their time and money, we’ll help you identify your unique strengths and weaknesses.
We’ll use that to create a clear understanding of the kind of activities you love to do, and the kind you can’t stand. This forms the basis for creating a marketing plan that uses your strengths to help you achieve your writing and career goals.
3. Select the Best Marketing Strategies and Create a Step-by-Step Plan for Implementation
Once you know what kind of work you love to do, we will help you select the best marketing tools and strategies for your niche based on your interests and strengths.
We’ll then help you create a detailed, doable action plan so that you know exactly what to do to help your book succeed. You’ll have help and support every step of the way and understand what to do, when, and how in order to move your marketing and brand to the next level.
If you ever get stuck, confused, or just need a bit of help, our team will be here to answer your questions and get you back on track ASAP.
Here are examples of custom marketing strategies we can help you with:
- Getting media interviews on TV, radio, and podcasts to share your message and promote your book
- Getting booked as a public speaker at conferences, seminars, industry events, and corporate events
- Sharing your platform and message through guest blog posts for top blogs and websites in any market or niche
- Publishing freelance articles on top news sites and blogs like Huffington Post, Entrepreneur, Time, and more
- Becoming a thought leader with your own website or blog and using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to attract hundreds or thousands of new email subscribers every month
- Attracting new fans by creating your own video marketing campaigns and YouTube channel (and getting paid for creating videos)
Getting Started with Book Promotion
If you’re ready to take your author career and book marketing to the next level, check out our submissions page to submit your manuscript for review.
If our editors love your book, we’ll offer you a publishing deal, and you’ll get all of our book marketing services for free!
If you have any questions about our book promotion services, feel free to email our support staff at [email protected]
More Book Promotion Options
If you’re looking to learn how to do book promotion and marketing on your own, these free guides will help: