Book Publishing Designed for Authors
We are a no-fee independent book publishing company (also known as a small press or traditional publishing house). We are not a vanity press or subsidy press.
That means we provide free publishing services, we don’t charge any fees, and we earn our profits from publishing, distributing, and marketing your books for you.
We publish mass market fiction and nonfiction books. Please see our submission guidelines for more information about the specific genres we publish.
Our Mission is to Help Authors Succeed
TCK Publishing Mission Statement: “To build a sustainable book publishing company that helps as many authors as possible fulfill their dreams.”
Our goal is to help our authors earn full-time income from book sales.
To earn a living as an author, you will likely need to write multiple books in one niche or genre unless you have a unique book that is exceptional in the marketplace, already have a large following and platform, or plan to heavily promote your book (like doing a lot of public speaking at seminars and conferences).
We do have some clients who have achieved great sales with only one book (Kevin Horsley with Unlimited Memory and Dr. Véronique Desaulniers, author of Heal Breast Cancer Naturally, are two such examples). However, they have both worked very hard to become experts on their subject matter and write truly exceptional books.
We will help you create a step-by-step promotion and marketing plan that is customized to you, your unique skills and talents, and your genre or niche.
We’re constantly testing new marketing strategies and sharing best practices with our authors to help you increase your income and influencer. We will help you understand where you can invest your time and money most effectively, so you won’t waste resources on marketing that doesn’t produce sales.
We highly recommend you watch our free video training series on how to earn a full-time income as an author so you can learn more about what it actually takes to succeed as an author today.
Below you will find some of the publishing services we provide* for our authors.
- Our editors provide free developmental editing, copyediting, line editing, and proofreading services to make sure your book is in top shape before we publish it.
- Our team of professional book designers will design your book cover and help you craft the perfect brand for your book (and your website, if you want us to help you build or improve your website—free).
- We layout, design, and print your book in paperback, and then distribute it to retailers in several countries.
- We format, design, and publish your book in eBook on Amazon Kindle (and possibly with other eBook retailers, depending on the best eBook distribution strategy for your particular book).
- In most cases, we narrate, produce, master, publish, and distribute your book in audiobook format on Audible, Amazon, iTunes, and possibly in libraries and select retailers like Costco. Some books are not a good fit for audio, so our team will let you know before we finalize the publishing contract.
- We help build or improve your author website.
- We help build or improve your email list and email marketing campaigns.
- We advertise your book online using PPC ads, Amazon ads, and other advertising and book promotion platforms.
- We promote your book to book reviewers and industry influencers.
- We provide PR and outreach to journalists, podcasters, radio hosts, and other media outlets to help you get your message out to more people.
- And more!
*Note: We are constantly expanding our services that we provide free to our authors, especially when it comes to marketing and book promotion, so this list is not exhaustive. See our Publishing FAQ for more information about the services we provide.
How Our Authors Get Paid
TCK Publishing does not currently offer advances.
We pay 50% net royalties on all income from your book, including book sales, royalties, and subsidiary rights (like foreign language translation rights, licensing, and TV or film deals). That means you get paid three-to-six times more royalties with TCK Publishing than with most other traditional publishers.
Want to see proof that we can sell your book? Check out our results here.
You can also see the case study of how we sold over 200,000 copies of a single book without a big marketing budget.
Ready To Get Your Book Published?
Fill Out The Form Below.
Submit Your Manuscript Today
If you’re ready to submit your manuscript for review, here’s a quick summary of how our submission process works:
- Authors must contact us with a brief query letter. See our submission guidelines here.
- After we receive your submission, our editors will review your manuscript. We are very selective, which means we accept about 1% of submissions currently.
- Our editors will review your manuscript within 14-21 days, and will then promptly respond to your submission so you know exactly where you stand.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Please refer to our detailed FAQ page to get answers to the most common questions we get about publishing.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Working with TCK publishing has been one of the best business decisions I have ever made. Tom and his team have helped me turn my book Unlimited Memory into a runaway success. The book reached #1 in nonfiction on Amazon and continues to be #1 in numerous categories. In a short time the book has sold over 40,000 copies, and it will be translated into French, Chinese and Korean soon.
I couldn’t have achieved this without them, as they continue to use cutting-edge and ethical marketing methods to maximize the potential of my books.
As an author, they made the process very easy, and it has been such a pleasure working with TCK publishing. I highly recommend them to take your book to the next level!”
— Kevin Horsley
Note: Kevin’s book has since sold over 200,000 copies in English and been translated into more than a dozen languages.
“When I signed my first contract with TCK Publishing, I had no idea the degree to which it would impact my life. My dream of a career as a published author was one that I never truly believed would come to fruition. Newly retired from a successful career in Human Resources, at age 69 I gathered the courage to submit my manuscript to TCK Publishing.
I was ecstatic when I got a five-year contract, and my first full-length novel, Willow Grove Abbey, was born. I’ll never forget the thrill of holding the first copy in my hands! Eight years and 14 novels later, I am still enormously proud when I reach the final chapter in another book.
After 34 years of marriage, my husband died of Cancer in 2015. I was shocked, frightened and grief-stricken. When you are 72 years old, alone and heart-broken there is very little to bring a smile to your face. Fortunately, I was able to lose myself in my writing, and, as a result, five more books reached publication
In addition, the Royalties I receive suddenly took on new significance. Since I signed my first contract, TCK Publishing has undergone profound changes. The staff is impressive, and from editing to cover-design everything is polished and professional.
I am proud to be associated with this fine company and hope to be associated with them for many more years. Tom Corson-Knowles is a bright, impressive, talented gentleman. I shall be eternally grateful for the trust he placed in me, and for his continued kindness.”
— Christine Payne, Romance Author
“TCK understands the market and wants to build a brand for their authors. They’re open with their communication, and believe in their goal. It has been a delight since being acquired, and I would recommend fellow writers give them serious consideration when thinking of a home for their next novel.”
— Shami Stovall, Fantasy Author
“I have had a great experience with Tom and his team at TCK Publishing. Everyone is very supportive and all have the same end goal: to publish good books and to give those books and authors the greatest chance of success.
I feel like TCK cares about me as an author and that I am not just another writer in their pipeline.”
— David Stever, Thriller Author
“With everything that TCK has done and provided for support, there is no doubt in my mind that Tom and his team wants me to succeed. From the research I have done, I don’t know of any other publisher that would go to the lengths that this company has gone for me. I am a new author and have a lot to learn.
I have gotten coaching on areas where I am weak (email marketing, blogging, social media, etc.) and am given feedback on areas I requested (editing and character development). I am also a part of a weekly author support call that has been valuable to my growth. I look forward to a long and fruitful partnership with TCK.”
— Angelina Allsop, YA Author