Teresa Rhyne is a #1 NY Times, #1 Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author. Her first book, The Dog Lived (and So Will I) was traditionally published by Sourcebooks, Inc. who will also be publishing her second book “The Dogs Were Rescued (and So Was I)” in October, 2014.
In today’s show, Teresa shares her inspiring story of how she went from an unknown author to a #1 NYT bestseller in a very competitive market, as well as her inspiring personal journey that sparked the bestselling book.
Here are a few ideas Teresa and I discuss in the interview:
- Teresa’s inspiring story of overcoming cancer for herself and her dog.
- How hope is one of the most powerful tools we have, and how you can provide that to the world as an author.
- Why it’s so rare for memoirists to succeed and earn more than peanuts for the books, and how Teresa overcame the odds anyway.
- How marketing from the ground up allowed Teresa to sell hundreds of thousands of books and create a massive following of raving fans (never underestimate the power of parties, alcohol and face-to-face time with your readers!)
- How being humble and vulnerable are two of the best ways to help others and help yourself in the process. Nothing happens if you’re not willing to write your book and share it with others.
- How to deal with negative reviews, haters and negativity in general.
- A few tips on marketing, social media for authors, and being willing to try new things (even if you’re technologically challenged and find it frustrating to use a computer).
- How sometimes our greatest tragedies and struggles in life can turn out to be our greatest gifts, and why you should never judge a book (or person or situation in life) by its cover.
Grab your pen and get ready to take notes, because you’re about to learn how to turn your passion into profits!
Connect with Teresa at teresarhyne.com
To learn more about the Publishing Profits Podcast show, join us at www.PublishingProfitsPodcast.com
To learn more about TCK Publishing, visit www.TCKPublishing.com