Patrick King is a dating, image, and social skills coach based in San Francisco, California, and has been featured on numerous national publications such as Inc.com. He’s also a #1 Amazon best-selling author with the most popular online dating book on the market, and writes frequently on dating, love, sex, and relationships.
He focuses on using his emotional intelligence and understanding human interaction to break down emotional barriers, instill confidence, and equip people with the tools they need for success.
Patrick started out as an an attorney helping startup businesses and entrepreneurs get started on the right track. As more and more friends starting asking for relationship advice and help, Patrick realized he had a gift to share with the world beyond his training as an attorney.
Here are a few of the highlights from the interview with Patrick:
- His first book was a guide to online dating which has sold very well on Amazon.
- Patrick developed some very powerful and profound strategies for writing great profiles for dating websites for his clients by sharing honest and authentic stories that make their profile stand out from the crowd and shine light on his clients’ true character.
- Why Patrick thinks copywriting is the most important skill an author should have and work on, especially when writing your book descriptions and synopses (and it’s a great skill to have for writing a dating profile on OK Cupid as well!)
- Why Patrick blocks off days for creative time to write and get his most creative work done without busy work, appointments or email getting in the way.
- The Maker vs. Manager paradox, and how to become a well-rounder author/entrepreneur.
The AIDA Formula for copywriting
Grab the reader’s attention right away from the very first sentence.
Get the reader interested by showing them clearly how your book / profile / product / service is unique and different from anything or anyone else in the world. Be unique! But don’t just be unique – prove it with the language you use.
People want results, not books or products or services. They want RESULTS. So tell them exactly what results they’ll get when they buy your book or product. Explain the features AND the benefits of what you offer so readers can see immediately what they will get when they make the decision to buy from you.
Ask people to buy! The biggest mistake you can make is not asking. In your book description, in your emails, on your website… always guide readers to take action and buy your book. If you don’t ask, they can’t say “yes!”
Patrick mentioned the Kopywriting Kourse from AppSumo which helped him become a better writer and marketer.
Patrick recommends workflowy for keeping track of projects and ideas.
Learn more about Patrick and connect with him at patrickkingconsulting.com
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).