The benefits of journaling are myriad: from helping to calm anxiety to defeating writer’s block, there are plenty of reasons to grab a pen and start writing.
And though you can jot down your feelings on virtually any surface, there are some journals that are specifically geared toward helping you set priorities, experience more gratitude, and even track your health.
The Best Journals
Below are 8 journals that can serve a variety of functions, from helping you feel more grateful to jumpstarting your resolution to get organized.
1. The Five Minute Journal
The Five Minute Journal promises to boost your happiness and productivity with daily layouts, including sections on:
- Prioritizing your day
- 3 amazing things
- Inspiring quotes
- Daily affirmation
- End of day reflection
The Five Minute Journal was created with leading psychological research to help you be more positive, experience more joy, and feel more optimistic. Each journal lasts for 6 months of journaling.
2. The 5 Second Journal
From Mel Robbins, author of The 5 Second Rule, comes a journal designed to help you take action, get results, and live a more courageous life.
With this journal, you’ll be able to:
- Get more done (in half the time)
- Stop feeling overwhelmed
- Build your confidence
- Feel more passionate
- Get control of your life
- Be the happiest version of yourself
With 320 pages, you’ll have all the room you need to write each morning and add notes throughout the day.
3. Zen as F*ck
If peaceful mantras and quiet meditations aren’t strong enough for your crazy days, the Zen as F*ck journal will help you through.
This journal will show you:
- How to sparkle like the gem you are
- How to rise, shine, and kick ass
- How to shine your light on others and spread beauty
You’ll still find positive affirmations (laced with some profanity, of course), but also fun daily activities that will guide you through a liberating journey to something that’s pretty close to happiness.
4. The Morning Sidekick Journal
The Morning Sidekick Journal is a daily habit tracker designed to help you build positive habits that help you progress toward your ultimate goals.
Each night, you’ll write down the specific actions you’ll take in the morning so that there’s no need to think when you wake up, just do.
Here’s what else this journal will help you do:
- Find and establish your purpose with the “Understanding Your Why” section, which will help you unlock your true potential
- Make progress in stages, while maintaining momentum in your morning productivity, energy, and overall health
- Actionable advice and content that you can apply immediately
5. One Line A Day
Keeping up a daily journal habit doesn’t have to consume all of your time. With the One Line a Day journal, you can track all of life’s ups and downs in a format that fits even the busiest of schedules.
- Write down one simple line about each day’s events, thoughts, or feelings
- Lasts 5 years, with space for 1 line each day
- Easily keep track of progress and changes
6. The 365 Self-Discovery Journal
The 365 Self-Discovery Journal features guided prompts to help you master self improvement and unlock your fullest potential.
With this journal, you’ll get:
- A new self-discovery question every day
- Deep and honest reflection questions
- A no-nonsense approach
Learn to challenge your old beliefs and reflect on your own ups and downs so you can find what works and what doesn’t for your best life.
7. One Day at a Time
This guided bullet journal is designed to help you stay organized, mindful, and mentally refreshed.
With this journal, you’ll get:
- A new inspiring quote to start each week
- Anxiety trackers
- Self care checklists
- Food diaries
- 90 of 180 pages that are dotted for better organization
8. This Year I Will…
Whatever you want to achieve this year, the This Year I Will… journal will help you reach those goals by zeroing-in on what’s most important to you.
This journal can help you:
- Set goals
- Celebrate success
- Identify your core values
- Stay on track with weekly prompts and questions
- Track your progress and growth
More Journaling Tips
Because we know how beneficial journaling can be, we’ve got you covered with bullet journal tips, layouts, and even supplies to help you get started. If you’re not sure what to write about, these 72 journal prompts are sure to spark your imagination.
And before you start writing, you’ll also want to check out our picks for the best pens to make your journaling experience even better!
Do you have a favorite kind of journal? Share your thoughts in the comments below!