KC Dyer’s seventh book, Finding Fraser, a romantic comedy for grown-ups, has become a runaway bestseller, selling more than 40,000 copies in just two months. Right now, KC is in the middle of her book tour, so I brought her on the show to find out how she suddenly became an “overnight” success and what she’s up to so you can learn from her success.
Here are a few highlights from the interview with KC:
- She published her first novel in 2001 and has been a “struggling author” ever since.
- Her first six books were traditionally published, but she decided to self publish Finding Fraser for the first time after she had no luck selling the book to a major publisher.
- Four of her books were traditionally published unagented (without a literary agent).
- Even though KC decided to self publish the book, she was committed to making sure she worked only with professionals and that readers would get the same quality, if not better, finished product.
- She hired a publicist, Rachel from Gal Friday Publicity to help get some press for the release of Finding Fraser.
- She’s doing an “old-fashioned” book tour with 15-17 stop in British Columbia, including Vancouver Island, Kelowna and more.
- She developed a great relationship with bestselling author Diana Gabaldon, author of the Outlander series (and her book has a few connections to a certain character in Outlander, which has definitely caught the attention of many fans of the hit series).
Connect with KC on her blog at kcdyer.com
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).
Latest posts by Tom Corson-Knowles (see all)
- 15 Literary Fiction Agents Now Accepting Submissions - April 17, 2019
- Who or Whom? Know the Difference - April 15, 2019
- How to Effectively Use Social Proof in Marketing - April 14, 2019