No matter how long you have been in the entrepreneurial space there is no question that you want to have an even greater level of success than you’ve experienced to this point. Today’s guest, Kelly Roach, is an author and business coach who specializes in helping entrepreneurs increase their sales and success through practical strategies that get results. On this episode of the podcast you are going to learn how to amplify your business no matter who you are or what you do by learning the key strategies for success in sales, and much, much more.
One of the main benefits of being an entrepreneur: time freedom.
Kelly Roach was living the dream in corporate America. She was very successful, getting promotions every year, and at the top of her game in her career field. But the sacrifices she had to make in order to attain those levels of success were not something she could sustain for very long. She didn’t like having to work long hours, missing key family events, or being mentally absent even when she was at home. Becoming an entrepreneur was the key to her building a lifestyle she desired with the kind of success that can create real time freedom. On this episode you’ll get to hear Kelly’s story and get a taste for what it could be like to build a business that provides exactly what you need for your life.
Why you need to think differently about sales.
What do you think of when you hear the term “sales?”
Is it a pushy approach? Is it a used car salesman at the corner lot?
Is it cold calling or door to door interactions?
Kelly Roach has learned and coaches her clients to understand that sales is nothing more than serving. Your job as a salesperson is to ask enough questions that you are truly able to understand your potential customers’ needs. Then you will know how to serve them best, or whether you can serve them at all with the products you have available. There are some keen insights into sales and the sales process on this episode, so make sure you take great notes!
The main things that hold entrepreneurs back from selling more products and services.
The advent of social media and social media advertising has been a wonderful thing for the business community. However, many people have come to believe that the use of social media makes the need for face-to-face conversations less important. Kelly Roach believes that the lack of sales success that most entrepreneurs experience is directly related to that mistaken belief. One of her favorite sayings is, “conversations are cash,” which essentially means that face-to-face interaction is the best way to close sales and actually grow your business. Kelly’s insights are valuable, and you’ll get more than you can implement on this episode of the podcast.
Success in sales is a matter of understanding the sales cycle and sticking with it.
Selling your product or service can be a very discouraging thing. The “no” answers can demoralize you and cause you to give up. But when you understand how sales happen and the numbers of sales “touches” you need to make to create a sale, you’re able to have a broader perspective and keep going when things are hard. Kelly Roach is a business coach who has a great deal of experience helping entrepreneurs get past those obstacles and increase the level of success in their business. If you want to get on board that kind of business fast track you need to hear what Kelly has to say.
Outline of this great episode
- [0:14] Introduction of Kelly Roach, author and coach.
- [1:45] How Kelly got the entrepreneurial bug.
- [3:09] Kelly’s use of time freedom to amplify the quality of her life.
- [3:59] Monitoring the disconnect between who you are and what you do.
- [5:06] Why Kelly wrote her book, “Unstoppable.”
- [6:12] The key strategies that enable entrepreneurial success.
- [8:44] How entrepreneurs can build a profitable business quickly.
- [10:58] The process Kelly uses when coaching entrepreneurs.
- [14:42] One of the main things that holds people back from selling more.
- [16:36] Strategies and success stories for building a database from scratch.
- [18:00] The benefits of having a coach to overcome fear of sales.
- [20:37] Advice for days that don’t go well in sales.
- [22:37] Understanding the sales cycle: awareness, knowledge, liking, trust.
- [26:08] Why you should give people value up front to amplify the sales cycle.
- [28:18] How you can find and connect with Kelly and get her free resource.
How you can connect with Kelly Roach
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode
Kelly’s book: Unstoppable
Kelly’s podcast: Unstoppable Success Radio
Text “Get It done” to “44222” to get Kelly’s free “Get it Done” guide.
TV show: The Profit
Follow Tom on:
Tweets you can use to share this episode
“You need to have your life on the outside reflect who you are and what you value on the inside” Business #Coach Kelly Roach
“Conversations equal cash.” ~ Business #Coach Kelly Roach, on this episode
“Your database is the cornerstone of business success.” Kelly Roach, business coach
“Nobody wants to have face to face conversations, but that’s where the cash is.” ~ Kelly Roach
“Sales is just serving.” ~ Author and business coach, Kelly Roach, on this episode
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).
Latest posts by Tom Corson-Knowles (see all)
- List of Poetry Publishers Currently Accepting Submissions - September 23, 2018
- How to Publish a Book: The Ultimate Guide to Book Publishing in 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Best Video Editing Software for PC, Mac, Android, and Mobile - September 12, 2018