Shahab Anari is the bestselling author of several books in Iran. He is now a personal branding expert and teaches other authors, coaches and entrepreneurs how to grow their income and influence by building a powerful personal brand built on authenticity and passion.
Shahab’s journey to becoming a bestselling author started in school when he became the #1 student in the country for an important school exam. He started getting many requests for his advice on succeeding in school, and so he started teaching others, giving workshops, and began writing his first book which quickly became a national bestseller in Iran in 2000.
Here are some of the key takeaways from this interview with Shahab:
- Why following your passion and being great at what you do is crucial to your success as an author
- How to become an expert in your field and get great at teaching others the skills and ideas you’ve learned along the way
- Why you should take a “strong stance” with any nonfiction book you write, and why it’s important to have a unique message that most people have never heard before
- In order to be interesting in your field, you have to be boring. That means working hard, studying hard, and putting in the time, energy and effort in your work to become the best you can be.
- Shahab’s inspiring philosophy on hard work and practice: “The more you sweat in advance, the less you will sweat on the stage.”
- Some of Shahab’s favorite authors include Jack Canfield, Brian Tracy, Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, Malcolm Gladwell. For personal branding books, he recommends William Arruda, Dan Schawbel and Peter Montoya.
- Why authors need to have the “entrepreneurial spirit” in order to succeed, and why promotion and selling is crucial to your success.
Shahab’s morning ritual
In the interview, Shahab shares his morning ritual.
He wakes up at 7am.
He meditates and gets centered for 5-10 minutes.
He then reviews his goals in a Microsoft Word file and reads them in the morning and before going to bed at night.
Then, he studies and does personal coaching for two hours.
He then works with clients on personal branding for three hours.
He practices for speaking gigs for 1-2 hours each day (or gives the actual speech).
He studies sales and marketing for 1-2 hours each day (he’s planning his next major book launch and his goal is to create an international bestseller by 2020).
He spends the rest of his time networking, talking to people and building relationships.
You can connect with Shahab Anari and learn more about his work at shahabanari.ca
Connect with Shahab on LinkedIN here
Connect with Shahab on Twitter @shanab_anari
Connect with Shahab on Facebook here
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).
Tom Corson-Knowles is the founder of TCK Publishing, and the bestselling author of 27 books including Secrets of the Six-Figure author. He is also the host of the Publishing Profits Podcast show where we interview successful authors and publishing industry experts to share their tips for creating a successful writing career.