Ferol Vernon is the COO of Written Word Media. The company helps connect readers with their next great read and provides a powerful ad platform for authors and publishers. Ferol is a tech genius, and he’s worked on all kinds of technology from medical simulators to web and mobile based products for musicians, authors and artists.
Ferol started creating websites at night as a hobby that quickly turned into a passion. He then went to get his MBA at Duke University and went on to work with Reverb Nation, creating software and tools for musicians.
Together with his wife, they started Written Word Media and now run five websites that help connect authors with readers.
In today’s show, Ferol shares some nuggets of wisdom including:
- Why every author should be using email marketing as it’s the #1 controllable driver of book sales (word of mouth may sell more books, but it’s almost impossible to control)
- The inside scoop on readers’ preferences for Amazon Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Kobo, and Google Play (and some interesting developments about Oyster going out of business, and much of their team migrating over to Google’s book squad)
- Why building relationships with your readers is the most important marketing strategy, and how to do it properly
- Why you must have your own author website, and how to build it quickly and cheaply yourself (See the free training videos at www.blogbusinessschool.com)
- Some insights into eBook pricing, and how to maximize your sales, royalties, and audience building. Do you know what eBook price is best for your needs? (You can read Ferol’s article on eBook pricing here).
- How Ferol is driving massive amounts of readers to his sites using blogging, Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, and much more
- How to learn about the audience demographics of bargain eBook readers so you can maximize your marketing effectiveness
- …and much more!
You can learn more about Ferol and Written Word Media at www.
Want even more book promotion sites? Check out Tom’s list of free and paid boom promotion sites.
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).