Over 25% of Americans listened to a podcast show in the past week. Are they listening to you?
Daniel J. Lewis is an award-winning podcaster. He helps others launch and improve their own podcasts for sharing their message and succeeding in business. He’s the founder of The Audacity to Podcast.
In today’s show, Daniel shares some amazing tips on how to create, produce, grow and monetize a podcast show and get your message out to millions of listeners all over the world.
Here are a few of the awesome idea Daniel shares in the interview:
- How Daniel started his first podcast in 2007 using trial and error – and how easy it is today for anyone to follow his system for starting a podcast.
- Why finding your message is the most important thing you must do in order to create a successful podcast show (the technology is easy today – finding your message is what matters most).
- Daniel’s entire guide to starting a podcast show in 60 seconds (it includes using Bluehost for web hosting, Bluberry Powerpress plugin for WordPress, Libsyn for audio hosting, publishing a blog post, and syncing your RSS feed from Powerpress into iTunes).
- How to get your podcast show to stand out from the crowd and find a loyal audience of raving fan listeners (two of his top tips are focusing on creating high quality educational and entertaining content, and creating the right quantity of content).
- How the Cereal podcast got over 5 million downloads in its first month.
- How Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income podcast hit #1 on iTunes with 10-15,000 downloads.
- Why Daniel started his Once Upon a Time podcast.
- The only two components of your podcast shows that iTunes uses for search rankings (Title tags and Author tags) and how to optimize them for SEO and attracting more listeners and podcast downloads on iTunes.
- Why your ID3 tags are worthless for SEO (but still may be important for listeners on older mp3 players and online).
- Why you must have great podcast cover art to attract more listeners and make your show stand out from the competition.
- How to monetize your podcast and make money as a podcaster.
Daniel’s SEO for podcasters course: theaudacitytopodcast.com/seo
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).
Latest posts by Tom Corson-Knowles (see all)
- 60 Literary Agents Now Accepting Romance Submissions - June 21, 2018
- 30 Literary Agents Now Accepting Science Fiction and Fantasy Submissions - June 2, 2018
- Write a Nonfiction Book People Want to Read - May 31, 2018