Summer is upon us, and that means it’s time to swap cardigans for crop tops and hit the beach. But if your physique still seems stuck in Thanksgiving mode, worry not. There are hundreds of ways to start toning up without even leaving your home!
The Best Online Fitness Classes
Gyms can be intimidating—they’re packed full of sweaty bodies and usually covered in mirrors, so no matter where you go, it always feels like all eyes are on you as you try to finish your squats as elegantly as possible.
Sure, you could pop in your earphones and try to tune all of that out, but what if you could get an expert-led workout right in your living room?
Well, you can! With so many apps, streaming programs, and online subscription services, there are hundreds of options for getting fit at home (and some cost much less than the price of a gym membership.)
We’ve compiled a list of the 10 best paid online fitness classes that really pack a punch so you can feel ready to live your #bestlife this summer.
1. Daily Burn
Daily Burn allows members to stream over 1,000 expert-led workout classes straight from their televisions, computers, or mobile devices. After you answer a series of questions regarding your fitness goals, Daily Burn will help you create a personalized plan to help get you started.
- Tone & Target
- Yoga Basics
- Full-Body Group Workouts
- Cardio Kickboxing
- High Intensity Training
- Barre For All
- Cardio Strength
- Beginner Pilates
- Pregnancy & Post-Natal
- Flexibility & Stretching
There’s also an a Daily Burn app so you can take your workouts with you wherever you go!
Cost: $14.95/month for the basic plan, $19.95/month for premium (after a FREE 30-day trial)
Regardless of your current fitness level, Crush offers a user-friendly experience for gym newbies and gym buffs alike. The interactive workout guide can be used at home or to provide some inspiration at the gym (should you decide to brave the wild).
The Crush 60 Package features:
- A 60-day, 3-phase, interactive workout guide
- Videos of every exercise
- Hand drawn illustrations of each exercise
- Progress tracking worksheet
- A nutritional guide to help with meal planning
The program can be streamed from a computer or smart device.
Cost: $44.99 for a 60-day plan
If you’re short on time,10 Minute Hell promises to get you back in shape with just three 10-minute workouts per week. Because these exercises utilize bodyweight, you won’t need a gym or any fancy equipment.
The course includes:
- A one-hour on-demand video (with lifetime access)
- 10-minute fat shredder workout
- 10-minute ab workout
- 10-minute upper body muscle builder
- 4 helfpul articles
- Access to the course from your smart device or television
- Certificate of completion
Always wanted to try yoga but didn’t know where to start? Gaia takes away the potential awkwardness of a group class and allows you to find your zen from just about anywhere.
With over 400 sessions (15-30 minutes each) to choose from, it’s easy to get started. You’ll also have access to a variety of short documentaries and healthy lifestyle tips.
With a Gaia subscription, you can access:
- 400+ guided yoga classes
- A variety of thai chi, pilates, and dance classes
- Documentaries and videos about living a fit lifestyle
- Available on laptop, phone, tablet, and TV
Cost: $9.95/month after free trial
The Science-Based Bodyweight Workout from Skillshare requires nothing but your own body. Certified nutritionist and fitness coach Felix Harder also explains the science behind building muscle and successful dieting. Classic exercises demonstrated in the videos include air bikes, leg raises, burpees, glute bridges, and more.
The program includes:
- A step-by-step muscle building formula
- A full bodyweight workout program
- Guided exercise videos
- A guide to nutrition and dieting
- Access to The Simple Muscle Academy, a Facebook group where users can ask questions and interact with other students
Cost: $15/month for a Skillshare Premium membership
Want to join the likes of Kim Kardashian and Gwyneth Paltrow? Both are regular clients of Tracy Anderson, acclaimed fitness entrepreneur and author.
Monthly subscribers will have access to new content each week. Total body workouts are designed to focus on muscle-strengthening, and because workouts are changed every 10 days, your muscles will get the switch-up they need to stay challenged.
Cost: $90/month after a two-week free trial
7. No Equipment Home Workout
Personal trainer Steve Morales leads this Udemy course designed to demonstrate proper at-home techniques and teach users how to construct their own workouts with no equipment needed.
Morales will also teach proper techniques for warming up and cooling down to improve workouts and prevent injuries.
The course includes:
- Demonstrations of proper techniques for squats, pushups, dips, burpees, situps, and more
- 9 hours of on-demand video (with lifetime access)
- Access from smart device or television
- Certificate of completion
Prefer dancing off your calories? Body by Simone TV combines high-intensity dance cardio with a strength-training workout. Creator Simone De La Rue designed the 20-minute classes to fit into any schedule.
There are different courses to focus on upper body, lower body, and core, but there are also dance and trampoline classes. The 20-minute sessions can also be combined to achieve a full-body workout when you have more time.
Access the workouts from any smart device.
If you’ve ever watched The Biggest Loser, you know that Jillian Michaels is just terrifying enough to be extremely effective. She’s toned it down a bit for this fitness app, but with so many great workouts and helpful tips, you’ll still be motivated to stay on track.
Subscribers will receive:
- Interactive workouts and complete training programs
- Customized meal plans designed by professional chefs and dieticians
- Tools to track progress
- Updates from Jillian on fitness, recipes, and more
Cost: $9.99/month after 7-day free trial
10. Caravan Wellness
With over 500 classes running an average of 10 minutes each, Caravan Wellness offers a “digital wellness center” that everyone can make time for. The site offers live and on-demand classes that teach everything from yoga to pilates to life coaching.
With their messaging system, users can also communicate with coaches to discuss goals, strategies, and progress.
Examples of fitness classes include:
- Perfect Planks
- Perfect Your Pushup
- Cardio Boxing
- Full Body Circuit
Caravan is accessible from smart devices and laptop/desktop computers.
Cost: From $14.99/month
Get Fit Without the Gym
With so many fantastic options for online workouts, you can say goodbye to awkward gym interactions and expensive equipment. Start getting fit from the comfort of your home with one of these great options!
Do you have any at-home fitness tips? Feel free to share in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- 6 Ways To Tell You’re Burned Out—And What To Do About It
- The 6-Step Morning Routine of Highly Successful People
- How To Stay Healthy With a Busy Career: 6 Ways to Prevent Common Health Problems
- 10,000 Steps: How Far Do You Need To Go For Your Health?
Latest posts by Kaelyn Barron (see all)
- The Culture Code Review: Examining Daniel Coyle’s Guide to Successful Teams - March 21, 2020
- How to Decline a Job Offer Gracefully (with Examples) - March 19, 2020
- How to Write a Blog Post: A 12-Step Guide for Beginners - March 11, 2020