Facebook Live is a free feature that lets you live-stream video directly to your fans and followers and through Facebook’s massive network. You can start broadcasting video live by tapping the live stream icon from your smartphone and write an optional description of the event to attract more viewers.
Shortly after your broadcast is over, Facebook sends notifications to all the fans of your page when you are broadcasting live. It even put a lot of emphasis behind its live-streaming service.
Furthermore, Facebook Live videos get stored on Facebook on your profile, fan page, and/or group page so that viewers can watch the recorded video afterward, which will often dramatically increase your reach with Facebook videos.
To start a live broadcast on Facebook:
1. Go to News Feed, look for the camcorder icon then tap the “Live” option
2. To give Facebook access to your microphone and camera when prompted, you can click “Ok”.
This isn’t optional, and it’s not some Government conspiracy to steal your data. You just have to give Facebook permission to broadcast the video you’ll be recording on your smartphone or tablet.
3. Choose your privacy setting
Make it Public if you’re posting for a brand. You can also broadcast it to your Friends. But if you want to test it out first, you can switch the privacy settings to Only Me so you can test out Facebook Live and see how it works before you broadcast to the world.
4. Write a compelling description
Give your broadcast a description, which will show up on people’s News Feeds like a status update above the video.
5. Tag friends, choose your location or add an activity
Tap the icons at the bottom of your screen to add the location from where you’re shooting, to share what you’re doing in the broadcast or to tag people who are in the Facebook Live video.
6. Set up your camera view
Before you click “Go Live,” you can click the icon with two arrows to flip the camera from back to front or vice versa. Be sure that your camera is pointing in the direction you want.
7. Add lenses, filters, or writing and drawing to your video
Find the magic wand icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and tap it. You choose if you want to change the filter of the camera, add lenses to your face, or write or draw to make the video more whimsical.
If you’re recording a serious video on Facebook Live, you’ll probably want to skip using these features.
8. You start broadcasting by clicking the blue “Go Live” button
Once you tap it, Facebook will give you a countdown – “3, 2, 1 …” – and then you’ll be live!
9. Interact with viewers and commenters.
Encourage them to interact with your live video to keep your viewers engaged. Ask them questions, ask them to comment, and answer any questions they have as they come up to keep your audience engaged.
10. Click “Finish” to end the broadcast
The video will stay on your Timeline or Page like any other video post, once you do this.
11. Post your reply and save the video to your camera roll
To have a copy of the original video for safekeeping. Save the video to your camera roll, then tap the download button.
12. Save your Facebook Live video
You can edit the description, change the privacy settings, or delete the video, by going back to the post on your Timeline or Page just like you would any other post.
Now go record a Facebook Live video and share your message and story with the world!
Latest posts by Tom Corson-Knowles (see all)
- How to Review a Book: 9 Hot Tips for Writing a Great Book Review - September 24, 2018
- List of Poetry Publishers Currently Accepting Submissions - September 23, 2018
- How to Publish a Book: The Ultimate Guide to Book Publishing in 2018 - September 18, 2018