The TCK Publishing Blog has over 35,000 email subscribers and gets more than 341,000 monthly page views, and we’re looking for more awesome writers and bloggers to help educate and inspire our readers.
If you have exceptional writing and/or design skills and would like to share your expertise with a large audience of writers, authors and publishers, this is your opportunity.
Please take some time to review this entire page thoroughly if you want to be a contributor for the TCK Publishing blog.
Guest Post Requirements
What makes a successful contribution?
Your content must be educational, useful, and/or inspiring to our core audience: authors and writers.
We publish a variety of content on topics including writing, publishing books, blogging, marketing, creativity, and personal development.
Every post must include:
- High-quality writing with original ideas. We don’t have strict word count limits, but we prefer longer posts: 750 to 2,000 words is usually the right length to provide insights, tips, and other valuable information.
- Unique and original content—we don’t republish content from other websites or sources, so your complete post must be original.
- No more than one link to your website in the body of the post.
Guest Posts We Can’t Accept
- Any link-building schemes
- Purely promotional content intended to sell products or services without providing real value to our readers
- Offensive, inaccurate, or illegal content
- Posts that have been previously published on other sites (including your own website, LinkedIn, Medium, etc.)
How to Submit a Guest Post
You can fill out our Guest Post Submission form.
We highly recommend you have a completed article written before submitting because we get a TON of guest post submissions, and we just don’t have time right now to go back and forth with contributors on different blog post ideas.
It helps if you have this information already:
- Your completed and fully edited post as an HTML file or Word Document (.docx or .doc)
- Short author bio including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website and a high quality photo of the writer
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will reply to your submission and let you know when your article will be published.
Due to the volume of guest post requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions. If you don’t hear back from us within thirty (30) days, please feel free to post your article on another website.
- Submissions must meet our quality standards in order to be published.
- You are not allowed to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, Inbound.org, or other site afterward. You are, however, allowed and encouraged to share the post as much as possible on social media and to your audience.
- We reserve the right to edit your guest blog content, and update it in the future to improve accuracy and relevance for our readers. However, when we first receive and edit your guest contribution, we’ll send you an edited version with changes tracked and we’ll have a discussion about any changes. You’ll be able to see what’s been changed and have the right to reject any changes, with the understanding that either you or TCK Publishing may then choose not to publish the piece.
- We reserve the right to include calls-to-action to TCK Publishing content, including but not limited to email newsletters, books, and other content.
Guest Blogging FAQ
1. What will I gain from writing a post for your site?
You’ll be putting your insights in front of our large audience of active, engaged readers who want to learn more about you, your book, and what you do!
Authors who have written posts have reported a boost to their book sales, website traffic, newsletter signups, and more.
We can’t guarantee that your audience will triple overnight, of course, but writing a guest post for the TCK Publishing blog can help get the word out about what you do and expand your brand recognition and potential audience.
It can also help you get additional backlinks to your website, boosting your search rankings.
To learn more about why authors should be writing guest posts (both here and for other sites), check out this article on why guest blogging is great marketing.
2. Can you use an article I’ve already written elsewhere?
Unfortunately, no. TCK Publishing doesn’t republish existing content from other websites, including articles that have appeared previously on your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, etc.
If you’d like to guest post with us, you’ll need to write an original article.
This provides the most value to our audience and helps you get more attention and interest by developing unique backlinks to your website while promoting your work to a new group.
3. Will you interview me for your blog?
We find that original content that provides actionable tips and tricks, strategies, or insights into your writing journey resonates best with our audience, so we don’t typically conduct email interviews to create blog posts.
4. What topics are the best to talk about?
Our audience is interested in both the “how” and the “why” of writing and publishing—they want to know what prompted you to write a book, what the experience was like for you, and what actionable tips and tricks you learned along the way that they can implement themselves.
You can share your journey to becoming a published author, your writing process, what you did after the book launched (in terms of marketing, outreach, speaking events, etc.), or what you might do differently next time.
You can also share tips and tricks from your unique field, like using Six Sigma to make your daily life more efficient and effective or how you can leverage lessons learned from franchise ownership to take control of your career.
If you’d like to write a guest blog and don’t know where to start, let us know and we’ll help you come up with some ideas and angles that might work.
5. When will my article be published?
Our editorial calendar typically fills up about 3-4 weeks in advance, though this can be longer or shorter depending on a number of factors.
If you have a certain date that you’d like your article to publish (to match with a book launch or event), let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you!
6. Can I include links to my work?
We always encourage authors to include at least one link to their blog, book, course, or other notable resource in the About the Author section. You can also include relevant, useful links in the body of your article (say, linking to an article on your blog that goes into more depth about a specific topic that’s briefly mentioned in your guest post).
If you want to be interviewed on the Publishing Profits Podcast show to share helpful ideas and inspiration for our audience, you can see our podcast interview requirements.
If you would like to become an affiliate or joint venture partner, email support [at] tckpublishing [dot] com