A bestselling Science Fiction/Fantasy author and speaker, Chris Kennedy is a former naval aviator with over 3,000 hours flying attack and reconnaissance aircraft. Chris is currently working as an Instructional Systems Designer for the Navy and is an advisory board member of Hampton Roads Writers.
Chris’ full length novels on Amazon include the “Occupied Seattle” military fiction duology, the “Theogony” science fiction trilogy and the “War for Dominance” fantasy trilogy. Chris is also the author of the self-help book, “Self-Publishing for Profit: How to Get Your Book Out of Your Head and Into the Stores.” He is currently working on, “The Search for Gram,” the fourth book set in the Theogony universe.
In today’s show, Chris shares some powerful ideas and tips for any author who wants to build a platform and create an avid group of loyal readers.
Here are a few of the golden nuggets Chris shares in the interview today:
- 81% of people say they want to write a book.
- Only 10% ever even start to write a book.
- Only 1% ever finish a book (if you’ve finished your book, you’re already in the top 1%!)
- Why you need to start marketing your book early, even before you publish it.
- How to build solid, lasting relationships with your readers on a much deeper level (people buy from those they know, like and trust, so if you want more paying readers, you need to connect with more people!)
- How Chris uses Facebook and Twitter to grow his platform and sell more books (without being salesy or pushy).
- A few tips on email marketing that you’ll love.
- Chris’ “Redshirt” program, where he creates characters in his novels based on real people who apply for the program (these characters are usually killed off, and hilarity ensues).
- How Chris leverages the Redshirt program to create a small crew of active supporters, buyers and promoters for every book he releases.
- How Chris is selling more audiobooks on ACX (Audible and iTunes) than print copies for his books, and why every self published author should consider getting an audiobook published.
- How to get you audiobook published at no cost.
- Don’t die with your story still inside you!!
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).
Latest posts by Tom Corson-Knowles (see all)
- How to Write Better Text Messages - August 10, 2018
- How to Overcome Writer’s Block Once and For All - August 3, 2018
- How to Be Financially Free: 12 Money Habits for Building Wealth - August 2, 2018