Joanna Penn is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of several books including Business for Authors: How to be an Authorpreneur. Joanna writes and publishes both fiction and non-fiction. She is a sought-after speaker and lecturer at writers conferences, publishing industry events and online educational workshops. Joanna has been a full-time “author-entrepreneur” for more than 4 years, and shares her best ideas, tips and more on her blog The Creative Penn.
In this interview, Joanna and I discuss a lot of awesome ideas including:
- How to build your author platform using social media the right way.
- Some great tips on branding yourself and your books to connect with your readers on a deeper level.
- How to use blogging to attract new readers, and why you should constantly be writing new blog posts to hone your skills, stay connected with your audience, and sell a lot more books in the process.
- The pros and cons of writing fiction vs. non-fiction, and why Joanna chooses to do both.
- How consistency is the #1 key to success for authors, and how to make sure you stick with it and never give up even when things get tough.
- How to always get your name out there and get more exposure without being overly self-promotional (it’s about adding value and helping people; it’s not all about you!)
- Why you should use Print-on-Demand (POD) Publishing, even if you have a huge audience like Joanna.
Learn more about Joanna and get more tips on writing, publishing and marketing at www.thecreativepenn.com
Connect with Joanna on Twitter @thecreativepenn
Check out Joanna’s books at www.jfpenn.com
To learn more about the Publishing Profits Podcast show, join us at www.PublishingProfitsPodcast.com
To learn more about TCK Publishing, visit www.TCKPublishing.com
Like this post? Click on the image below and share this on your favorite Social Media Platform (like Pinterest!).